Don't wait for adventure!
Not ready to purchase a kayak? You can rent one!
The Backpacker is now offering daily rentals of our demo fleet of paddle and pedal kayaks, including our line of Hobie Mirage fishing kayaks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an age limit to rent a kayak or paddle board?
Yes, all renters must be at least 18 with a valid I.D. Only the renter may operate the rented vehicle.
Is there a deposit?
Yes, we require a $300 deposit at the time of pickup.
Are transportation options available?
No, renter is responsible for securing and transporting the kayak or SUP.
- Pro Angler 12 and 14, and 360
- Compass Duo Tandem
- Yolo Hammerhead SUP
- Perception Tribe 13.5 Tandem
Base Rate: $60
Additional Charges: $35 per night
Wilderness Systems Kayaks
Base Rate: $40
Additional Charges: $20 per night
YOLO Paddle Boards
Base Rate: $35
Additional Charges: $15 per night
1. Make a float plan, and leave a copy with a friend who is not going with you.
2. Use all equipment and vehicles only as intended by the manufacturer.
3. Follow all local rules and regulations.
4. Always wear your Life Jacket, Life Vest, or PFD properly.
5. Remember to have fun!
1. Do not drink alcohol or consume illegal substances while operating the water vehicle.
2. Do not exceed the weight limit.
3. Do not let anyone else but the renter operate the vessel.
4. Do not leave anyone under the age of 18 unattended.
5. Do not go out in severe weather.
- Life Vest/Life Jacket/PFD
- Transportation Racks
- Dry Bag
- Signal Whistle
- Paddle Leash
- Quick Dry Clothing
- Lip Balm
- Insect Repellent
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Trip Itinerary
- Fishing Gear
- Bilge Pump/Cupstyle